Today, Frank is talking about Ski Holidays and the need to make sure you have adequate Travel Insurance and hold the all important European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)!
The HolidayTravelWatch survey demonstrates that:
- 36% told us that they had experienced a bad holiday or had been injured;
- Over one third told us that they thought that ski or snowboarding holidays were over-priced;
- Over a third told us that they never took out travel insurance, and
- over 54% told us that they didn't bring their EHIC card with them when they travelled in Europe!
By any measure these are shocking statistics, but the most worrying of all is the revelation that some Consumers still do not understand the importance of Travel Insurance and how it could seriously impact on your financial stability!
Frank offers his views on skiing holidays, travel insurance and offers his 5 top tips:
- Before you buy, go on a short ski course at your local dry slope centre - you will find out whether you like it or not - it could save you a lot of money;
- Check out your resorts - make sure the resort of choice offers ski runs suitable to your abilities;
- Check out the ski schools - do they display sufficient information on safety?
- Are instructors accredited - Do they for example have BASI (British Association of Snowsport Instructors) qualifications (USA = PASI - The Professional Ski Instructors of America) etc?
- Above anything else - Travel Insured!