Reports of people tripping or slipping at and suffering injury from holiday accidents in resorts, is an all too common occurrence. You should note and follow the rules below:
- In hotter climates the use of marble flooring is more prevalent.When wet, marble flooring can be very slippery. Take extra care on these surfaces;
- Be attentive when flooring is being cleaned at resorts. It is not often usual practice to display warning signs. Take extra care on these surfaces;
- On stairs use the handrail where one is provided. If there is no handrail, be extra careful;
- If you are unsure as to the safety aspects of the complex, report your concerns to the tour operator representative or complex management;
- Take extra care with street paving. Some pavements can be slippy, others poorly maintained, watch out for high kerbs and holes;
- When outside the resort at night, take a flashlight in areas with poor street lighting. If the street-lighting is poor, it is likely that road and pavement maintenance will also be poor;
- Take photographs or videos of anything that causes concern – this can be later used as evidence in any subsequent complaint.
If you have been affected by any holiday accident complaints, then please contact us at HolidayTravelWatch.
For further details on our services, read our Legal Notice.