Carbon Monoxide - The silent, unseen killer.

Carbonmonoxide

Carbon monoxide is a deadly poison, responsible we estimate for around 300 holidaymaker deaths each year throughout the EU, and injuring many thousands. Hotels, holiday cottages, apartments, camp sites – all have had their fair share of CO fatalities over the years. The articles here will show the extent of our political lobbying and we continue to work tirelessly to bring in improved standards of safety for all holidaymakers.  

Where there is a gas cooker, fire or water heater installed, ensure good ventilation at all times, and be vigilant, noting any smells or build-up of residues. If in doubt, do not use the appliance. Also see the advice on the Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society website where one suggestion is to take a portable CO alarm to EN50291 with you on holiday.

If you think you’ve been exposed to carbon monoxide on holiday, call us on 0345 017 9229 or email. 

Want to know or learn more?

We recommend downloading this article (pdf document) on Carbon Monoxide and then check out the rest of our articles on this subject here.

It's not just us!

There have been many reports about this in the wider press, here is one such report that was featured on the ITV news...