The Los Gigantes story rumbles on with many people talking about the sickness or norovirus that is apparently affecting the resort. More and more concerned holidaymakers are contacting us and receiving little in the way of reassurance from their tour operators. We have heard from one holidaymaker staying at a hotel in Los Gigantes who tells us of her concerns:
- She advises that there are sick people in the hotel where she is staying;
- The turkey that was served in the hotel the previous evening was bloody and raw;
- The food is lukewarm;
- She complained to the management who she describes as 'useless';
- The manager later advised that the chef was 'not trained';
- They have reported matters to the major tour operator's rep;
- They are clearly stressed and 'wary'.
This kind of report is not exactly why you take a holiday and it would seem to the outside world looking in that the tourist, health and political authorities, along with travel companies have taken a laissez-faire attitude to the whole issue.
Another complaint we received came from a elderly lady who pleaded with us to get something done at this resort before it is too late - she feared that someone - someone who is elderly and already has health problems, will die!
I cannot believe that any responsible health authority or travel company would be so laid back as to let this happen - please tell me I am wrong?